Cantilever racking is both functional and long-lasting which enables it to easily store products that cannot be stored in the openings of standard pallet racks. The use of a cantilever helps organize materials that are difficult to store, making them easier to access and track down. The loading and retrieval of products and inventory, whether done by hand or with a forklift, are made much simpler. A cantilever racking cost can vary depending on whether you want to purchase a new or used cantilever rack . Cantilever racking is a specialized piece of warehouse equipment that offers a space-saving storage solution for lengthy and cumbersome items such as PVC pipes, steel sheets, sofas, end tables, and lumber. Cantilever storage is ideal for medium- to heavy-duty cantilever racking applications that involve awkward materials because of its high weight capacity and even weight distribution.
The cantilever rack’s structure is built
- Arms that are movable and can be adjusted in length, width, and height to accommodate a wide variety of items
- It is possible for the cantilever shelf to have either a single or double cantilever.
- The structure of the cantilever shelf is both reliable and sturdy, and it makes efficient use of the available space.
- Cantilever shelves typically have C- or H-section steel and cold-rolled-section steel used for the columns and bases because these types of steel are best suited for bearing the weight of the shelves.
- Cantilever racks have bottom plates installed directly beneath the columns for the purpose of providing stability. It is possible to use triangular reinforcing plates to reinforce it in the event that the load is heavy.
- Sealing plates are located on both ends of the base of the cantilever shelf. In addition, a reinforced version of these plates is located on the sides of the reinforcements.
- To be considered a cantilever rack, a structure must not only have columns but also have reinforcement rods running through the primary components of both the base and the cantilever.
- There is an increase in both the cantilever shelf’s overall stability as well as the bearing capacity’s stability, and there is also an increase in the safety factor.
Advantages and disadvantages of a cantilever rack
- It is simple to install and rearrange a rack that is cantilever-supported.
- Because there are no real shelves, adjusting the height and angle of the arms is a straightforward process that can be completed in a short amount of time.
- The configuration cuts down on the amount of time needed to handle long loads, which boosts the productivity of warehouse staff by making the stock more easily accessible.
- You can buy additional arms to change the length and provide additional storage for loads of varying sizes and shapes. These arms are also available for purchase.
Disadvantages of utilizing a cantilever rack:
- The installation and design of the rack both require a financial investment.
- A space for the aisle is required between every rack.
- The storage of pallets is inefficient.