Cantilever racks are a type of storage system used to store long, bulky, and irregularly shaped items, such as lumber, pipes, metal bars, sheet metal, furniture, and other similar materials. They are excellent bulk storage solutions for organizations that need to store and access long, heavy items efficiently. Cantilever rack design is easily accessible to items without any obstruction for vertical support columns typically found in other types of racking systems. Cantilever racks are commonly used for the storage of long items such as lumber, pipes, or metal bars. Here are some key considerations when designing a cantilever rack system :
- Load Capacity: Determine the maximum weight and size of the items you plan to store on the cantilever racks. Ensure that the racks are designed to handle these loads safely.
- Rack Configuration: Decide on the rack’s height, width, and depth based on your storage needs and available space. Consider the overall layout of your warehouse or storage area.
- Material Selection: Select the appropriate material for your cantilever racks. Common materials include steel and aluminum, with different grades and thicknesses available to accommodate various load capacities.
- Arm Length and Spacing: Determine the length and spacing of the cantilever arms. Ensure that they are suitable for the dimensions of your stored items and that they provide adequate support.
- Rack Height and Safety: Pay attention to the height of the cantilever rack system to ensure it complies with safety regulations and building codes. Proper anchoring and bracing are essential for stability, especially for tall racks.
- Load Handling Equipment: Ensure that your handling equipment, such as forklifts or cranes, is compatible with the cantilever rack system and can reach the stored items effectively.
- Load Distribution: Consider how the weight is distributed on the cantilever arms. Heavier items should be placed closer to the rack’s uprights for better stability.
- Fire Protection: Consider fire safety measures, such as fire sprinklers and fire-resistant coatings, especially if you are storing flammable materials.
- Installation: Proper installation is crucial for the safety and stability of the rack system. Consider hiring professionals with experience in rack installation.
- Maintenance: Establish a regular maintenance schedule to inspect and maintain the cantilever rack system, ensuring its continued safety and efficiency.
Maximizing Space with Double-Sided Cantilever Racks.
Double-sided cantilever racks are a space-efficient storage solution that maximizes storage capacity while maintaining accessibility. Unlike single-sided racks, which have arms on only one side of the upright columns, double-sided racks feature arms on both sides, effectively doubling the storage capacity within the same footprint. Maximizing space on cantilever racks features arms on both sides of the vertical uprights, allowing for the storage of long items in a compact footprint. By utilizing both sides of the rack, double-sided cantilever racks optimize space utilization in warehouses, retail spaces, and industrial facilities. This design not only increases storage density but also enhances material handling efficiency, as forklifts or cranes can access items from either side, reducing the need for additional aisle space. Double-sided cantilever racks are a versatile and practical choice for businesses looking to make the most of their storage area while keeping items easily accessible.