The productivity and efficiency of a warehouse can be determined by how the warehouse racking layout has been designed. So, to achieve greater productivity and efficiency it is important to design an effective warehouse racking layout design. Pallet Rack Unlimited is a warehouse racking layout designing company that provides you with the best warehouse designs and plans around the Mobile, AL area. We are licensed and insured warehouse service providers that have been around Mobile County for about 10 years. Therefore, you can trust the warehouse layout designers of Pallet Rack Unlimited for a professional and effective warehouse layout designing service .
To design an effective warehouse racking layout it is important to use the available space in the warehouse efficiently. So, there are many things that need to be considered to effectively use the available space, and some of the factors are given below:
- The inventory levels can be kept minimum.
- Tasks that are not necessary to perform in a warehouse should not be included so that too much space will not be used.
- Every centimeter in the warehouse should be efficiently used.
- The wall space that is available above the doors, load, aisles, space above pick up areas should be used.
- The materials that are not essential should be taken out. Thus, all the items and materials should be organized to make proper use of the space.
- Any expired or outdated items should not be kept so that we can make better use of the available space.
- The horizontal or vertical space should not be wasted.
Similarly, choosing a suitable type of racking system is also crucial for the warehouse racking layout design. There are different types of pallet racking systems available according to the storage requirements of your warehouse.
Types of pallet racking system
- The selective racking system is one of the most popular types of pallet racks available. They provide efficient use of space and also makes the finding and receiving of goods easier. These types of racking systems are ideal for operations that handle food.
- Pallet flow racks , also known as gravity flow racks are the type of racks that have more storage capacity than other pallet racking systems. They are ideal for storing high-volume goods.
- Cantilever racks are the type of racks that are ideal for storing bulky and awkwardly shaped items such as lumber, carpets, pipes, tubing, and many other similar items.
So, if you want an effective warehouse racking layout , you should be careful about the available space and the type of racking system that would be suitable in your warehouse. The warehouse layout designers of Pallet Rack Unlimited will prioritize such things and will design a proper warehouse racking layout design. Moreover, Pallet Rack Unlimited offers you other warehouse services such as pallet rack shelving, warehouse racking systems installation, and warehouse relocation services.
You can expect the best warehouse designs and plans from Pallet Rack Unlimited around Mobile, Alabama, and the surrounding area. So, CALL US TODAY and GET A FREE ESTIMATE for the service of warehouse racking layout design or any other warehouse services you require around Mobile County.